12 Favorite Things from 2012

 Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year! 

I wanted to compile a list of twelve of my favorite things from this past year.

12. My favorite lip gloss


I just recently bought a Buxom lip gloss from Sephora but it is already one of my favorite things from 2012. My roommate swears by these lip polishes that not only are pigmented in the prettiest colors but help your lips look healthy and fuller. I picked up Trixie which is a sparkling rose gold for a retail cost of $19. These lip glosses are quite large at .15 oz and well worth the spend. I would highly recommend buxom polishes for the color and the weird but cool tingle they make!

11. My Camelbak


I was never much of a water drinker. I drank water because it was good for me but I preferred other beverages. This year I bought myself my first Camelbak water bottle and immediately I was hooked. Something about the bite valve made me drink more water than I ever did before. At school I fill up my camelbak and within an hour I have finished the bottle. These make great gifts, are more eco-friendly, and come in great colors. I have the .75L size in a nice cherry red.

10. My Brush Set


When I came home for thanksgiving my mother surprised me with a premium brush set from Costco. This is probably the best brush set I have ever seen. I had barely any cosmetic brushes and was in desperate need of new tools and these were more than I could ask for. You never know what you'll find at a costco and I am so happy with this premium cosmetic brush set.

9. My Jack Rogers collection


In 2012 my Jack Rogers collection went from one pair of navajos to three pairs of navajos and two pairs of slim flats. Its safe to say that I am a jack girl. I wear the sandals all summer/spring and the flats all seasons. The leather the company uses is so plush and Its a treat to have them on my feet. 

8. My monogrammed Nike Shorts

In July I reviewed a pair of monogrammed nike shorts from Classic Prep Monograms and they have become a staple in my wardrobe. The bright pink color and the ease of the nike short make these the easiest item for me to grab to go to the gym. I always get compliments on the monogram and colors!

7. My Camera and Broward Patch Straps

The best gift I have ever received was my Cannon Rebel Xti. I have used the camera to take probably over ten thousand photos and it comes with me to every major outing. Broward Patch let me review a pair of there straps in September and I am still in awe of the Lilly fabric. 

6. My Patagonia Re-tool Hoodie


I finally pulled the plug and bought my first patagonia fleece. These jackets are so popular at my school and I never understood why. After owning one I can honestly say that these are unlike any other fleece I have ever owned. The patagonia quality is superb and my hoodie is so comfortable. I love my magenta color and am saving up for another fleece to add to my collection!

5. My Vera Bradley collection
In high school I was never the biggest fan of Vera Bradley. I liked a few patterns but did not like the fact that they were everywhere across the halls. Almost all of my friends had the villager tote and seeing the homogenous choice made me not want to purchase any vera. Then when I went to college I realized the quality of the duffels and started picking them up. The large size retails at $80 but I have bought them at outlets, ebay, and other venues for around $45. At that price they are completely affordable for the size and convenience for traveling.

4. My Ipad Case from the Preppy Ladybug

I am still in love with the ipad case I got from the Preppy Ladybug. I love that the case kind of looks like a book and the colors of my monogram and chevron background. The case is very sturdy and since I am always using my ipad I needed a protection that was both well made and fashionable and this fit the bill!

3. The Pi Beta Phi Lilly collection

I love my sorority and was so excited when Lilly Pulitzer released our sorority pattern. I had been voting every day for my sorority to win a print and I could not be happier with the beautiful design Lilly came out with. I might be biased but I truly believe that Pi Phi has the prettiest print from the sorority line!

2. My new Barbour Coat

My new Barbour coat topped this list this year. Although I just recieved it in December I had been planning for the arrival for many months before. It took me forever to decide what style I wanted and where to purchase the coat and now having it in my arms I know I made the right choice. Its the kind of coat I will wear for many years to come and I am so glad I splurged and bought it!

1. My friends and family and my lovely readers!

I just wanted to say thank you to all my friends and family and the wonderful people who take the time out of their day to read these posts. This has been a big year for the Preppy Student and I cannot wait to see what 2013 has in store!

11 comments:

Sweet, Pink and Preppy January 2, 2013 at 9:36 AM  

I love that camera strap!!! So cute!

s January 2, 2013 at 9:47 AM  

all great items and love them all, esp the ipad case! happy new year!! xO!
www.thehautecookie.com

Charlee R January 2, 2013 at 12:37 PM  

#9- I think you mean you are a jack girl? I Love my jacks too! Can't wait for the summer of 2013 so I can wear my Navajos again!
I'm also saving up for a Barbour coat so I'm glad to see you love yours!!
Happy New Year!
Charlee Anne @ thepreppygraduate.com

Jenna January 2, 2013 at 12:59 PM  

I love everything on this list! I also love my Camelbak. It's so true that you drink more water when using it! And I love that those brushes are from Costco! I've been looking for new brushes and I'll definitely be looking for those next time I'm there. And I can't forget that Patagonia fleece. I would love for one of those to magically appear in my closet right now :)

lJe January 2, 2013 at 5:46 PM  

This list looks a lot like mine! My holy grail make up brushes came from Costco a few years ago and they're so high quality and still hold up to the day I got them. I just received a Patagonia fleece as well this winter and I may never go back to North Face after this.

Julie Tucker-Wolek January 2, 2013 at 9:08 PM  

I am LOVING your faves!!!! Your new coat is fabulous!!!

Beth Dunn January 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM  

LOVE it all but the coat is awesome
xoxo
SC

Kerri January 3, 2013 at 8:19 PM  

I love camelbaks... I drink a ton of water in Grad School so water bottles always come in handy! I also agree about Vera Bradley.. never liked it much because everybody had it and it got to be boring... however, I have been eyeing the duffel because they're such a good size and good quality! And the monogram ipad case is adorable :)

Janice Lunes January 4, 2013 at 9:28 AM  

Great Post!

Wow you got great items I love your new camera, and also that water bottle looks very interesting !


P.S Just wanted to remind you that my giveaway is still open for everyone to join !
You can only say YES to this amazing Frenchonista Clutch worth $150 !!

Love,

Jen

www.the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

SouthernBelle January 6, 2013 at 11:07 AM  

I really like your shorts!!

xoxo,

aHc

SouthernBelleJoy.blogspot.com

erica January 7, 2013 at 9:02 PM  

I never liked Vera Bradley until lately and now I am obsessed! xx

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP