Beauty Trends for Spring 2013

 Wednesday, January 23, 2013

On Monday I discussed some of the trends for Spring 2013 but I focused most of that effort to fashion. Trend reports extend not only to clothing but also to beauty and accessories.

Louis Vuitton's spring line featured thick brows and Edie Sedgwick inspired short dues. The designer incorporated very girly bow headbands that I will definitely be sporting this coming season.

Diane von Furtsenberg had a natural inspiration for their makeup for the spring 2013 runway, an inspiration I find that most of us do not use enough. There is a lot of beauty is sticking to makeup that enhances but doesnt change our original look.

3.1 Phillip Lim exhibited some strong mascara action with their models on the runway. The eyeshadows were kept to feminine shades and the eyelashes were clumpy and extreme in effect.

Nicole Miller was bold with their makeup and nail choices. Their nails were done in black with a silver design that can easily be re-created. Bold nail designs are a great way to show creativity if you are more of a classic and less fuss dresser.

On the contrary BCBG kept their model's nail clean and painted with a light feminine polish. Pink and nude polishes go perfectly with every outfit and keep your nails looking just that- polished!

What beauty and nail trends will you be sporting?

9 comments:

Jackie January 23, 2013 at 2:09 PM  

I'm definitely going to purchase more bow headbands and I think I may try some natural looking false lashes!

the creation of beauty is art. January 23, 2013 at 3:19 PM  

These are great beauty trends. It's always fun to have new ideas to inspire you!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

bailey j January 23, 2013 at 3:24 PM  

I actually am letting my brows go wild right now and just touching them up because I want a thicker look. I've been waxing mine for years but naturally they aren't that thick so I thought why not - it's less maintenance, I just have to pluck ever few days which is cheap and it gives me a bit of a different look.

Stesha Jordan January 23, 2013 at 3:36 PM  

yippy i am so excited for spring!

xxS

The Plaid Princess January 23, 2013 at 4:08 PM  

I've never done anything to my eyebrows they are super light but really thick so I'm glad more people are coming back to the more natural brow and face! and always love bows so hopefully see more of them this spring.

Don't forget to enter my GIVEAWAY!!
http://plaidandpreppy.blogspot.com/

-The Plaid Princess

Julie Tucker-Wolek January 23, 2013 at 9:14 PM  

I have never done my eyebrows... lol... looks like I will finally be 'in'! :)

YUMMommy January 24, 2013 at 3:24 PM  

I'm definitely a fan of the bold nails. I think it's a great way to take a little risk without going too over top with your outfit or jewelry.

CDS January 24, 2013 at 10:37 PM  

I love the natural look with long flowy hair... so pretty!! xoxo

Amanda February 19, 2013 at 11:19 PM  

I love the nail colors and the thick brows idea!! :) Great post!

affordablebyamanda.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP