Trend Reports for Spring 2013

 Monday, January 21, 2013

Fashion is ever changing. As someone who is inspired by editorial and commercial fashion I look to trend reports to get an understanding of the looks that will soon infiltrate our markets. Although I tend to favor classic styles over pieces I deem "overly trendy" I do appreciate learning about designers inspiration for the latest lines.

So what can you expect from Spring 2013?

Contrast

Many designers are featuring black and white basics which is a nice contrast (get it!) to the usual bold prints and bright colors found in typical spring collections. I think too much contrast can be a bit overwhelming but a little bit of stark contrasts makes a big difference! Im going to try to mix in some black and white patterns with a pop of color this spring.

Kate Spade 2013
Banana Republic 2013

Transparency

Sheer items are really in this spring. Personally I think transparent fabrics can border on tacky very quickly. Even saying that, I do own a couple of pieces with sheer elements such as a transparent sleeve. 

3.1 Phillip Lim 2013
Collages

Patchworks and other collages are part of the trend report for Spring 2013. As a fan of everything madras, I am interested to see what kind of designs will come about because of this inspiration. 

Proenza Schouler

My favorite trend: Ruffles!

I am obsessed with the uber-girly and feminine flounces that will be showing up this season. Ruffles are a great way to spice out an otherwise simple outfit and there are so many places to show them off in an outfit- on a skirt, top, or even sleeve. 

Chloe Spring 2013

So what trend are you most looking forward to seeing this Spring?

11 comments:

Fashion Railways January 21, 2013 at 12:55 PM  

hey hun
love this post!ruffles is my favotite too!!
check my latest post about Indigo jeans!
xoxo

www.fashionrailways.com

Alissa January 21, 2013 at 12:56 PM  

I am super happy about the black and white trend!

CDS January 21, 2013 at 10:02 PM  

lots of green headed our way too right?

she.is.the.one January 22, 2013 at 5:13 AM  

nice selection :)

independent fashion blogger - she.is.the.one

Southern Belle Mama January 22, 2013 at 9:39 AM  

The ruffles have my vote! Perfect for spring!

Jackie January 22, 2013 at 1:11 PM  

I'm totally voting for ruffles!

The Plaid Princess January 22, 2013 at 2:08 PM  

I'm loving the ruffles! I want to get a cute ruffle or bow bathing suit for spring.

Don't forget to enter my giveaway!
http://plaidandpreppy.blogspot.com/

-The Plaid Princess

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP