Winter Cleaning and DIYS!

 Sunday, January 6, 2013

What were your new years resolutions? One of mine was to keep my closet and possessions organized and clean this coming year. So behold, Winter Cleaning secrets!

If you fold your clothes to be vertical in dressers, not only will you save space but you can see your clothing more easily! I try to use this technique at school when space is an issue. 


Using a belt hanger for scarves save space and allow me to see my scarves more easily. I picked up a belt hanger for under $10 at marshalls and use it for all of my scarves. 

My sister recently concocted some amazing lip scrubs that cleanse and get rid of dead skin. Its a great idea to keep your skin hydrated and healthy in the cold months and what better way than a homemade scrub! 

Are you an avid jewelry collector like me? Did you know that paper towel holders make bracelet storage easy and decorative? Its nice to be able to see all your arm candy and still be easy to get to! The best part? The holders are easy to put on your table/ dresser and does not take up much space horizontally.

Do you have any tips or fun DIYS that you want to share?

15 comments:

Kelly January 6, 2013 at 11:22 AM  

These look great! How did your sister make the lip scrubs?

Becky January 6, 2013 at 11:52 AM  

Love the belt hanger idea for the scarves! And I really want to know how your sister made those lip scrubs.

--Becky
preppypremed.blogspot.com

Alyssa January 6, 2013 at 1:16 PM  

DIY lip scrubs are the best! Definitely one of those beauty buys best made at home!

Alyssa
Fleur de Lyss

Cotton January 6, 2013 at 4:58 PM  

Love all the gator shirts in the drawer!!

YUMMommy January 6, 2013 at 6:30 PM  

I enjoy making my own scrubs and beauty treatments every so often. And the paper towel holders is a really cool idea.

Jenn from A Pop of Style January 6, 2013 at 8:37 PM  

I'll actually be posting a few of these in the coming weeks. Pinterest is the BEST for DIYs :)
Jenn
A Pop of Style

Preppy's Sister,  January 7, 2013 at 1:40 AM  

For the lip scrub, I used this simple DIY recipe:
http://citizensofbeauty.com/the-lifestyle/diy-pumpkin-spice-lip-scrub
Worked like a charm!

Thanks for including me, darling. :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek January 7, 2013 at 6:38 AM  

Wowwwwww!! These are all great ideas!! LOVING the way you organize your bracelets!!!!!

Kerri January 7, 2013 at 11:11 AM  

The paper towel holders idea is genius! I am an avid jewelry collector as well, and have an adorable little vintage bird jewelry tree, but I definitely can't fit everything on it. I use little drawer organizers (from Marshalls and TJ Maxx) for the extra stuff. I like how you can use these to keep pretty bracelets displayed though!

Milla January 8, 2013 at 2:31 PM  

like the jewelry collector! :) great idea!

xoxo milla

Altax January 9, 2013 at 6:06 AM  

Looks Great!!! Happy new year.

Kids Games

Janice Lunes January 9, 2013 at 7:51 AM  


Great Post!

Yes that's a great idea with the jewelry :)

Thanks for all these good tips !!

P.S Just wanted to remind you that my giveaway is still open until the 14th for everyone to join !
You can only say YES to this amazing Frenchonista Clutch worth $150 !!

Love,

Jen

www.the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

Shannon January 13, 2013 at 6:21 PM  

The lip scrubs look wonderful.
http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

Adam Gaylord November 27, 2014 at 12:28 AM  

But choosing the right brand is immensely complicated, and making eco-friendly choices can be a distressing task.

Gator Apparel

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP