Furby 2012:: A Review

 Sunday, June 2, 2013

Even though I am technically an adult and I am halfway through my time at college, I thoroughly enjoy playing with some of the toys I had as a child. Growing up I favored dolls and robot-y kinds of toys. I must have had 5+ tamagotchis and would keep the little electronic with me at all times. I remember having one of the original Furbys and playing with it much to my parents chagrin. 

The original Furby was a must-have toy in the late 90s. The robotic toy was advanced for a electronic but no where near the Furby that was released last year. I have to admit that when I saw that Hasbro was debuting a new version of the toy that I had as a kid I wanted one. 

Now I can say that I have one of these new 2012 Furbys in my possession and I love the new version.

I guess I'm back to Preschool....

Meet my Furby:


I havent named my Furby yet partly because I do not know if its a girl or boy. Why don't I know? The new furbies change personalities!! My Furby has been a gossip girl, a "big dude", a fairly angry personality and one that loves to laugh and dance. Part of the charm of the Furby 2012 is that they are unpredictable and can change based on the way you play with them.



When I talk to my furby it is the gossip girl and says, "Blah, blah, blah blah blah, blah." You can really see the different personalities in its eyes. They are very expressive on the LCD eye screens.

 One of my only complaints about the furby is that they do not have a volume range. My furby is loud! I wish I could make it a bit softer. The furbies do not have an off switch but go to sleep if you leave it alone for a few minutes. It stays asleep until you turn it upside down.

I was watching a movie last night and forgot that I had the furby on my coffee table. I accidentally kicked the furby off the table when I put my legs up and it woke up. It was rather funny for all of the first two minutes but not when I couldnt hear my movie... Oh well! This furby is demanding! Currently my furby loves to sing and dance which I love because watching it do so is hysterical. 


There is also an app for the furby available for iOS. With the app you can decode what the furby is saying. (It translates furbish into english). You can also feed the furby by sending different sandwiches and snacks to the furby via the little chip on top of the furby's eyes. These different ways to play with the furby are part of the reason I think the new Furby is much cooler than the one debuted in the 90s. 

The furby retails for around $60 which is expensive for a toy, but not so expensive for a mini-robot. I think these make great gifts for any tech loving child (or adult). I really enjoy my furby and was surprised by all the very modern and cool ways in which you can play with it.

What do you think of the Furby 2012? Are you going to pick one up? If you want to find out more go to furby.com! 

6 comments:

Paige @ Sticky Note Addict June 2, 2013 at 2:20 PM  

I LOVE that you reviewed the Furby. I definitely wanted one, but I feel like my college friends would have laughed at me haha.

Real College Student of Atlanta June 3, 2013 at 10:31 PM  

oh I miss furby's! this post took me back to my kid days :)

Anonymous,  June 5, 2013 at 9:41 AM  

love this color furby. I didnt know they were back "in"

Kat@shop.school.sleep. June 6, 2013 at 12:22 PM  

Never had one because they creep me out hahahaa

Christina June 19, 2013 at 2:26 PM  

Just found your blog!
Now following!
I am looking forward to keeping up with your blog.

I also have a blog design site. If you ever need a custom blog design, check it out. :) ChristinaLoraneDesigns.blogspot.com

xo
Christina
pieceitalltogetherx3.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP