CVS Haul

 Monday, July 8, 2013

This summer I have started picking up some new activities. Maybe its my new environment in the west village of NYC or maybe its the fact that Im growing older. Either way, I am enjoying the new hobbies.

First, Ive always been a bit of cheapskate I know thats not usually a complement but I have a hard time letting go of my cash unless I know I am getting a good deal. My dad has always been a coupon cutter but I never got into clipping because when it comes to food I like particular flavors/brands. I never realized that a good amount of the coupons were for haircare and makeup! Now Im hooked!

Second, I have started collecting lipstick/lipgloss. I rarely wear makeup but when I do I realized I never had a go-to shade when it came to lip color. I am enjoying my hunt for the perfect pinks, reds, plums, and other fun lip shades. The only problem is that I like collecting them more than I wear them and now I have a supply that could easily last years.

So why am I mentioning this to you, my wonderful reader? I wanted to show one of my latest "hauls."


I took advantage of the CVS beauty sale going on a few weeks back and I made out pretty good!

All the makeup I snagged was 75% off and I had a few revlon coupons making this deal even sweeter. As you can see I picked up quite a few lip colors and I am really digging the revlon lip butter.

I know that a good majority of my readers are young women (and some moms) and finances are tight in the transition from college to full-on adulthood. I think that becoming aware of where your money is going and starting to become more cost-conscious is a path that should be more "in trend" and that hobbies like coupon cutting should be more widely accepted.

Have you picked up coupon cutting or lip stick? Any good hauls recently?

8 comments:

Shannon Boyce July 8, 2013 at 10:10 PM  

I love when great makeup is on sale! What a fantastic haul!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

Miss ALK July 8, 2013 at 10:34 PM  

I LOVE Revlon lip butter! One of the best lip products I've found! Great to see it mentioned on a blog! :-)

xoxo Miss ALK
http://missalk1994.blogspot.com

Leslie July 8, 2013 at 11:18 PM  

I clip coupons and I think that every little bit helps. Great buys!

Sam July 9, 2013 at 2:01 PM  

Looks like a fabulous haul, the eye shadows and lip shades look lovely

Taylor July 13, 2013 at 5:25 PM  

I'm selling things on Etsy, and I'd love if you would take a look at them! Thanks in advance. Share them if you love them!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/156648399/navy-and-creme-biglittle-sorority-bows?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/155382066/gray-chevron-and-coral-npc-sorority?

Greek love,
Taylor

Mrs. Jones July 16, 2013 at 11:44 AM  

I love couponing - and have gotten some of my favorite makeup that way! Great job!

Whitney Elizabeth July 17, 2013 at 6:05 PM  

Revlon peony is the perfect lip gloss & for under $5.00 the price is right! I don't cut coupons, but I have CVS & Rite Aid savings cards and in addition to discounts I frequently get $5 off any purchase type of credits!

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP