Review:: Tracy Negoshian!

 Monday, July 22, 2013

Happy Monday!

I hope your summer is going great! Can you believe its already July 21st? I certainly cant!  It seems like just yesterday I started this crazy internship but this marks the seventh week of working.

Living in New York is just the greatest. Whether your on the subway, sitting in a park, or even walking down the street you can always find someone with a signature style and some adorable clothes. Seeing so many fashionistas, in their own way, has made me question my own style. Yes I do consider myself a very preppy inspired dresser but there isn’t something about my own style that I would consider very unique.

For inspiration I look towards one of my favorite preppy but chic fashion lines, Tracy Negoshian. Every time I look at Tracy Negoshian’s newest collections I find a new piece, pattern or even fabric choice that is unexpected but so cute.

http://www.tracynegoshian.com/about.php

Tracy Negoshian herself is a very fashion forward woman who believes that the right clothing can transform a woman. Tracy actually started in fashion merchandising at Saks before she started her own line. Tracy really did have a knack for making lower end clothing (even pieces from stores like Kmart) look incredibly stylish. In a better use of her talents, Tracy set out to make clothing that was fashion envy at prices that would not break the bank. 

I think that ultimately, we all set out to buy high quality, figure flattering, and trendy items but that combination is usually very expensive. All the outfits that I find myself loving on the streets of NYC are not from stores like forever 21 but from high end designers for which I could not afford the clothes.

As a college student, always trying to spend less, I was intrigued to see if the fashions on Tracy Negoshian's website were as high quality as the designer pieces. The fashion was definitely to par and I am obsessed with the new collection!



I picked out the Trisha Dress with Cut Out Back Detail for this review.




Isn't it pretty? At $148 I think it looks much more expensive, even like a Tory Burch dress. I love the Diamonds in the Reef Purple Pattern. 

I am all about a modern shift dress. Shifts are a very classic dress shape that are core pieces in a preppy wardrobe. I own many especially because you can move a shift from a summer dress to a fall or winter staple with the additions of a cardigan and stockings. But its still summer (boy is it hot outside!) so there will be no stockings or cardigans for me. Here is a picture of myself wearing this style.



I have a true hourglass figure but this dress slims me in all the right places! The quality is really superb and I love the fit. The dress comes in XS-XL and since I am between sizes I decided to size up. I am very happy with my call but think the sizing is TTS.





The dress features an elastic waist that does the job of a belt. It is made very well and the fabric is thicker than I thought. 





I love the keyhole back. The little cut-out is very on trend right now and the key hole shows just enough skin. The Tracy Negoshian hardware is very expensive looking and I love their brands logo and motto. 



Overall I am very impressed with this dress! I think that Tracy's slogan of "Dress in Confidence" is true because with this dress I feel like a million bucks!

Besides the dress that I picked out I found myself loving several other looks from the new collection. I also am loving this Adele Dress. The stripes with the nautical shapes and yellow belt is just perfect for summer.


Adele Dress


It was so hard for me not to try this Gwen Dress. I love the vivid pattern and colors!
Gwen Dress
(hint* bonus word is TRACY)

I have some good news to tell my readers. I will be hosting a Tracy Negoshian Giveaway starting Tomorrow morning! Keep your eyes out! 

19 comments:

Sarah Jane July 22, 2013 at 7:47 AM  

Love this dress on you! Its so pretty

Sam July 22, 2013 at 9:15 AM  

What a beautifully printed dress, i had no idea about this collection before, thanks for the update.

Clara Natalia July 22, 2013 at 2:06 PM  

I love all these dresses! I love the blue one with the yellow belt ribbon thing ;)
Im so excited for the giveaway!


http://between-friends-fashion.blogspot.com

LeAnne July 22, 2013 at 5:44 PM  

Love that blue dress with the yellow. $150 is less than other designer clothing? still expensive to me!

daddywaddyweeviews July 22, 2013 at 9:51 PM  

woman do not wear enough dresses anymore

Jodi July 22, 2013 at 10:04 PM  

Your dress is cute too! Unique pattern!

Brittany July 22, 2013 at 10:05 PM  

Gorgeous! Love the keyhole back!

xobrittanymichelle.blogspot.com

Real College Student of Atlanta July 22, 2013 at 11:34 PM  

these are really cute dresses! i would wear these to parties or weddings!

docdivatraveller July 23, 2013 at 1:28 AM  

love the dresses amazing!! visit my blog too and let me know if you would like to follow each other :)
http://docdivatraveller.blogspot.in/

Elizabeth July 23, 2013 at 1:37 AM  

such a cute dress!

bellesinbows.blogspot.com

emily | shell chicd July 23, 2013 at 9:09 AM  

I LOVE that shape, must be so flattering on! Such pretty details on the back too!
xx, Emily
shell chic'd

Leslie July 23, 2013 at 10:52 AM  

I love that dress on you! The print and cut are absolutely perfect!

Seashells and Southern Belles July 23, 2013 at 2:16 PM  

TN is my favorite designer!! I love everything nautical and gameday that she does!

CDS July 23, 2013 at 7:14 PM  

Super cute!! I love the first one.

Ira Kharchenko July 25, 2013 at 1:25 PM  

Amazing dress! So pretty:)

bloglovin.com/blog/3880191

TilsonHackley,  July 25, 2013 at 9:23 PM  

Thank you for introducing me to *Tracy* Negoshian!! I've fallen in love with the Gladys Dress with Flowy Sleeves!

Stephanie @ Tailgatequeen July 30, 2013 at 4:15 PM  

Love Tracy negoshian... and all her adorable prints!!! Ps, super cute blog! I'm lovin it!

Stephanie
Tailgate Queen - Gameday dresses

Kangana Ranaut March 29, 2017 at 3:41 AM  

Nice blog and absolutely outstanding. You can do something much better but i still say this perfect.Keep trying for the best.
blouse designs for pattu sarees
happy birthday husband images
happy wedding anniversary message

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP