5 Things I'd Rather Do Than Celebrate Halloween

 Thursday, October 31, 2013

     I go to a University where, during the school week, the big party night is Wednesday instead of the typical "Thirsty" Thursday. So unsurprisingly we celebrated our "Hallo-Wednesday" yesterday and all Halloween festivities were done before the actual 31st. This practice worked out well for the small college town we live in so the community can send their children out to trick or treat without the nuisance of drunk college students. However, this year I decided not to celebrate Halloween and decided to do something else.


Sleep.

     These last few weeks have been gruesome for me. Between midterms, interviews, elections, and group projects I have consistently gotten about 6 hours of a sleep a night. I am a 9 hour sleep kind of girl. Because of my shortage of sleep I have been feeling sick, have had less energy (duh), and have all around been a grumpier person.

    Because I am so happy with my decision to sleep, I came up with 5 things you can be doing rather than celebrating Halloween to make you all feel better choosing another option like I did.
  1. Catch up on homework/reading and finally get through some of the things on your to-do list.
  2. Watch a movie or watch the 8th season of How I Met Your Mother on Netflix. (You know you want to)
  3. Spend a night with your friends or significant other and enjoy some calm in the midsts of one of the most hectic nights of the year.
  4. Go shopping (or online shopping) and treat yourself to something that you've been wanting for a while instead of spending money on a costume you will wear for a few hours.
  5. Sleep. 
halloween

Happy Halloween everyone! I hope you enjoy it as much as I am enjoying my R&R!

Also check out the Columbia Fragrance candle giveaway here.

7 comments:

Katie Nay October 31, 2013 at 11:18 AM  

Our Halloweens sound very similar...But at my school they definitely do the partying on Thirsty Thursday. I'll be sitting that out!

Sam October 31, 2013 at 1:00 PM  

We don't have Halloween here so any of your ideas sounds perfect to me!

Alex October 31, 2013 at 1:41 PM  

Glad you got to catch up on sleep. I don't love Halloween that much anymore either now that college is over but I am looking forward to handing out candy to the little kids!
-Alex
http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

Lexi October 31, 2013 at 4:54 PM  

I'll be catching up on sleep tonight as well after being up until 4am this morning writing a paper! Happy Halloween!

Katie Miller October 31, 2013 at 6:41 PM  

I love this! Sleeping is exactly what I plan on doing tonight rather than going to any halloween parties!

Katie
http://casually-obsessed.blogspot.com

Nicole Cors October 31, 2013 at 10:22 PM  

I totally get you on this one! The past few weeks have been CRAZY for me as well...definitely taking tonight to relax and dig into some serious chocolate.

I hope you enjoy your relaxed Halloween!
Nicole, keepcalmandcocoon.blogspot.com

Vett Vandiver November 1, 2013 at 12:20 AM  

haha I'm with you! i'm not a big fan of halloween either!

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP