Road Trip! Music, Apps, and Podcasts

 Wednesday, October 2, 2013

     I am sorry I have been MIA lately. Between a family emergency and school I was busy this past weekend. I unfortunately had to make two seven hour car trips in four days! Crazy!

     Like all drivers who have to drive long distances by themselves its important to have good music, apps, and podcasts to alleviate the silence and help past time.

Music
     I found myself really digging some old songs this car ride! I listened to Motown, Ella Fitzgerald, and some 80s jams. I categorized these into pump up and singalongs.

     Some of these sing-alongs were My Girl, You've Really Got a Hold On Me and even some Disney! While the Pump Up mix was made up of songs like Billie Jean, Love Shack, and Relax by Frankie Goes To Hollywood. I try to pick songs that I know the words to or are more upbeat. 

Apps
     This is a new phenomenon for me but lately I have been turning to some apps whenever I am needed a stop. Obviously dont play around with your phone/tablet while your driving but if you are taking a break these are really handy!


     Gas Buddy finds the cheapest gas in the area. This is so convenient when you need a fill up. I hate buying gas only to realize that 5 miles down the as is cheaper! 

Podcasts
     Recently I have been turning to podcasts for when I am alone on a drive. My current favorites are:

     Go Bayside! This is a podcast all about Saved By The Bell. Each episode the main personality, April, gets a guest to come over and watch an episode of the series. After they finish watching the show they record the podcast and go over all the crazy and sometimes minute details. I used to love the show so this is especially funny to me. Its a great 1 hour podcast for any lovers or even acquaintances of the show.  

     Freaknomics Radio is a great podcast to listen to if you want to expand your mind or even just think of something differently. In general I find myself feeling smarter after listening to the podcast or just excited about minute correlations.


What do you recommend for long car rides? Any good playlists, apps, or even podcasts to suggest?

4 comments:

Alex October 2, 2013 at 3:02 PM  

I love pod casts. Entertainment weekly has some good ones if you're a TV addict like myself. Also books on tape are a great way to pass the time when you're sick of music.
-Alex
http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

Julie Tucker-Wolek October 2, 2013 at 9:46 PM  

Wow ... you have been crazy busy with road trips!!!! Loving your must haves!!

Carole October 4, 2013 at 5:23 PM  

I usually play Leonard Cohen live in London when on a car trip on my own - I also play it to my 10 year old nephew and 4 year old niece - and they both like it! Cheers

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP