Friday Fancies:: Plaid

 Friday, November 15, 2013

     Happy Friday! I hope you all had an excellent week and are looking forward to this weekend as much as I am. I have just one more week of class before going home for Thanksgiving break. The weather is changing and this might be the warmest weekend we will have for a while!

     Lately I have been really getting into sweater dresses. Large chunky knits and thick wools are the perfect fabric for these colder autumn/winter days. I especially love a slouchy style and find that a thin leather belt can be a very chic accessory for sweater dresses.


plaid

     This Friday Fancies theme was plaid and I chose to incorporate the pattern as a scarf to this simple beige look. Those awesome boots are actually from Target and have a price tag of less than $40! I love the buckle at the ankle and think they look a lot more expensive. 

     I finished the look with beige nail polish and a combination of bracelets and watches. I think watches are definitely making a comeback and they can be a nice addition to a bangle stack. 

How do you wear plaid? Do you like the sweater dress look?

13 comments:

brittany @ g squared November 15, 2013 at 10:25 AM  

Cute!! What app or program do you use to make your collages?

Abby November 15, 2013 at 10:54 AM  

I love the sweater dress look on other people but I never found one that was flattering on me... oh well, maybe someday! ;) I adore those boots... searching for them now!
Happy Friday! :)

xo Always, Abby

Alex November 15, 2013 at 2:58 PM  

A sweater dress would be perfect for my job, especially with a pair of leggings and boots. Great look!
-Alex
http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

Nowak November 15, 2013 at 6:41 PM  

great look! I like the boots my dear!

Nikell November 15, 2013 at 7:41 PM  

Lately I've been loving plaid is just about any piece. I have some plaid fabric waiting to be turned into a pencil skirt.
I love the scarf and boots you have here.

Have a fabulous weekend,
Nikell

Anngelik Martinez November 15, 2013 at 9:01 PM  

I've been seeing al to of sweeter dress, that I need to purchase one. I also adore that you added the plaid scarf, great pop of color and texture.

-Vogue&Heels
www.vogueandheels.com

Lauren November 15, 2013 at 10:21 PM  

I love the tartan scarf and the riding boots!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

Julie Tucker-Wolek November 15, 2013 at 10:26 PM  

Loving that scarf and the boots!!!!!

emily | shell chicd November 15, 2013 at 10:42 PM  

Super cute! This would be such a cute Thanksgiving outfit!
xx, Emily
shell chic'd

anoddgirl November 16, 2013 at 1:15 AM  

love the scarf!
x
http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

Alicia Mackin November 17, 2013 at 12:55 PM  

I haven't done the plaid thing yet. But would probably do a scarf or a flouncy skirt.

Allie of ALLIE NYC formerly Dressing Ken

www.allienyc.com

Oh to Be a Muse November 19, 2013 at 10:57 AM  

Target is really great right now. Love those boots. And I've always been a fan of sweater dresses in the fall.

Come enter my $400 Holiday Giveaway!
http://www.ohtobeamuse.com/2013/11/beauty-jewels-holiday-giveaway.html

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP