News:: Moscow's Squat For Ticket Program

 Wednesday, November 13, 2013

     With obesity rates increasing around the globe Moscow has instituted a new incentive to get their citizens fit. A special vending machine has been put inside the entrance ways to the Moscow subway system. At these machines a user has the opportunity to complete 30 squats in two minutes for the prize of winning a free subway ticket.


     Although the ticket, which users are trying to gain by doing exercise, is worth less than $1 US dollar I really appreciate the fact that this is a creative and relatively painless way to incentives subway riders. 


     I am sure that most of you have heard about this by now and I am not trying to inform you about this story. Instead I urge you all to consider how ideas like this one can change the way we conduct daily activities. What if your office job allowed you to get 10 extra minutes at work in exchange for doing some push ups? Sounds ridiculous but in the end these little challenges can push ourselves to be healthier individuals. 

What do you think about exercise incentives? Do you think the subway ticket is effective or just cute? Let me know below!

5 comments:

Nikell November 13, 2013 at 11:19 PM  

I hadn't heard about this. I think it's a great idea. I saw on HLN a few weeks ago that the US is #2 (behind Mexico) for obesity. We need something like that here. I'd definitely use it.

mQs November 14, 2013 at 8:19 AM  

I have not heard of this before. Thank you enlightening me! This concept is awesome. I have a fitness freak, so I love this idea!

Xoxo
mQs
shorelifeofm.blogspot.com

Alex November 14, 2013 at 2:40 PM  

Too funny! I think with the amount of obesity in America, a little exercise incentive isn't such a bad idea!
-Alex
http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

Majda Mehanovic November 16, 2013 at 12:01 PM  

I actually never heard about this, but I"m definitely LOVING it! It sounds like a perfect way to motivate people!

Majda | www.classystateofmind.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP