Fashion:: Lilly Pulitzer

 Saturday, December 28, 2013

     I think any Lilly Lover will agree that Lilly Pulitzer has a stable following of consumers. Since I started purchasing Lilly I have realized that my infatuation with the brand has little to do with the actual marketing of the current collections. The reason I am so excited for Lilly's newest collections and continue to wear the brand is because of the story of namesake Lilly Pulitzer. Lilly's original message and hopes in her creation of these fun frocks still plays true in the brand. 

     That all being said, I really do love the newest collection. The prints are very Lilly yet I do not find them as gaudy or as showy as other collections. I like that a lot of the designs are in blues and greens which is a nice change of pace for the company. 

Here are my picks from the most recent collection:


     I love the Cabana Top. I think the top is effortlessly chic and the idea of a shirt scarf is actually very classic. The gold chain collar and the slit in the back makes the blouse very modern. I really like that the print looks hand painted.


     The Margurite Caftgan is a piece that is perfect for a summer night or an evening on the beach. The dress just looks so comfortable and the colors are very on trend. I love the turquoise color and coral detailing. I just wish this dress was silk instead of polyester!


     The Thompson Shift is actually a dress I can see in Lilly's catalog from the 60's to now. I love the classic shift shape paired with the fun embellishments on the knee. Because of my shorter frame, at 5'3", I like the fact that this dress hits a couple inches above the model's knee and love the length of this dress.


These are only a few looks from the new Lilly collection. What do you guys think? Do you like the new arrivals?

3 comments:

MissMelissa December 29, 2013 at 12:22 AM  

That caftgan is to die for.
xo,
http://missmelissafashionandbeautyblog.blogspot.com

Alex December 29, 2013 at 12:08 PM  

There are so many new Lilly items I want for my vacation in April. That caftgan you picked is too cute!
-Alex
http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP