Branding: Make that photo YOURS!

 Wednesday, March 5, 2014

In the midst of all the post-oscars fashion I wanted to shift gears to a different fashion event: the Chanel 2014 fashion show in Paris.

It's no secret that I adore Chanel. From the classic perfume to the crossing c's, Chanel is iconic. Owning a piece from the designer means owning a piece of luxury. I am always excited what fun and exciting but still elegant and classy Chanel will come out with next. 

(Image from T&L)

I absolutely adore this picture of Rihanna in the new 2014 Chanel. Not only is she killing it with the purple look but she is owning this photo. 

This got me thinking, do we have the power to say something powerful about ourselves with just one turn of our head? Rihanna is portraying her fun & carefree vide in this still from her probably tedious photoshoot at the event. Any fan or even someone who did not know Rihanna prior to seeing this photo will now think of her in this way. That my friend is branding at its finest. 

So this week I encourage you to think about the way we are branding ourselves in the photos we take. Am I solidifying the sorority stereotype by popping the "skinny arm" or perfecting my "srat squat" or am I just showing my enthusiasm with the chapter I love? There is no right answer or way to brand yourself. Just something I'm thinking about on this lovely afternoon! 

6 comments:

Anonymous,  March 5, 2014 at 4:42 PM  

ohh I love that Chanel! And Rihanna of course

Shannon Boyce March 5, 2014 at 7:06 PM  

This is definitely something interesting to think about. Plus, she looks great!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

Julie Tucker-Wolek March 5, 2014 at 10:17 PM  

Totally agree with you my friend! You gotta own that attitude!!!!!

Jessica March 6, 2014 at 4:02 PM  

I love that photo of Rihanna! I agree that she looks fun and bubbly in the photo. I also agree that her outfit is amazing!

Jessica @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

Gloria Ip March 7, 2014 at 3:47 PM  

thanks for stopping by my blog lovely [: great blog you got here, and lovely post!! [:
if you're interested to follow each other, let me know!!

Xxx
www.thedancingpencilonpaper.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP