The Look for Less: thredUp

 Thursday, March 27, 2014

A while back on The Preppy Student I introduced thredUp, an online boutique that buys and sells like-new clothing. thredUp has some of my favorite brands of clothing for up to 90% off. I have always been a bargain shopper, and someone who is not afraid to buy gently worn clothing at deep discounts. 

As a college student, I am always interested in stretching my dollar. But, I am not willing to give up style or fashion. I do have brands that I always gravitate to and I am always looking to update my closet. 

Here are some of the steals and deals I'm obsessing over right now on thredUp:

This Cynthia Rowley $14.49
This J.Crew Dress $39.99 

I am always looking for more formal and cocktail dresses because it seems like I am always going to those events with the same group of people. Paying retail for a dress I'm only going to wear once seems outrageous so I prefer to buy and sell my formal dresses.

Free People $14.49
Kate Spade Tweed Heels $45.99

Would you buy second hand clothing from places like thredUp? Have you purchased from online consignment and thrift stores?


10 comments:

Anonymous,  March 27, 2014 at 8:47 PM  

I love those shoes. the tweed is real cute.

Julie Tucker-Wolek March 27, 2014 at 9:21 PM  

Oh I am loving those goodies you are eyeing!!!!

Elin Ivana March 28, 2014 at 4:13 AM  

Hi! You're so pretty. Would you mind to follow each other?
Leave your link on my blog so I can follow you back.

Love,
<a href="http://elinivana.com/" title="KLIK”>1 9 9 6 ❤ elinivana</a>

Emma-Kate Jones March 29, 2014 at 6:20 PM  

I love the dresses so much! The second one is my favourite :) xx

http://handpickedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

Seepz April 1, 2014 at 11:42 PM  

I joined Thredup a few days back and Its a great site if you are looking for something specific! If I find a great deal, I will buy from them for sure. Your picks are great!

Have a great day.

~ Seepz
http://www.savoirstyle.com

Marie Huang April 5, 2014 at 8:01 PM  

I love Thred Up! They always have the best deals on Polo oxfords and such!

Marie H.
Progression By Design

Paulina Mo April 8, 2014 at 3:54 PM  

Such great deals on there! I will have to check it out!

~Pau
www.lilbitsofchic.com

anna grace June 8, 2014 at 12:17 PM  

Thanks for sharing this! I am always looking for great deals! I have just discovered your blog and an OBSESSED with it! You are such a talented writer! I am new to this blogging thing and you are such an inspiration to me! I hate asking people to do stuff but i really need some critizism (doesn't have to be bad!) on my new blog! It would be so great for a successful blogger like you to have some helpful tips from!
Yours Truly,
http://pinkyprep.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP