Friday Fancies: Summer Weddings

 Friday, June 27, 2014

It's summer! You know what that means: flip flops, ice cream, excruciating heat and of course....

Summer Weddings!

For many couples summer is the ideal time to get married so it is not surprising that many of my friends have weddings to attend in these next few weeks. Although I am not quite at the age where my friends are getting married, I love that Long Distance Loving chose the theme of this week's Friday Fancies to be about summer weddings.

Here are some outfits I put together for this week's challenge.


one


For an outdoor daytime wedding, I am loving this turquoise Shoshanna dress. The gold Michael Kors wedges will not sink into grass the way heels do making them the perfect outdoor shoes. The metallic coloring is still formal and the gold dangle earrings are a nice pair. I love the simple elegance of the white nails and they have the added bonus of making your hands look super tan!


two



For a wedding that is in the evening but indoors I love this Alice + Olivia yellow lace dress. The yellow color is very "summer" but the black accessories and kate spade heels make it an evening ensemble. 

Have you been to a wedding yet this summer? What would you wear to a summer wedding?

8 comments:

Alex June 27, 2014 at 5:30 PM  

Michael Kors makes some really beautiful shoes!
-Alex
www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

Shannon Boyce June 27, 2014 at 7:19 PM  

What gorgeous choices! I really love that yellow dress.
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

Enaissoul June 28, 2014 at 4:47 PM  

Nice selection of pictures! A lot of inspiration!

I invite you to visit my blog, and follow if you liked it! i can follow you back if you want ;)

See you soon!

Enai's Soul

http://enaissoul.blogspot.com/

Vale ♥ June 29, 2014 at 3:40 AM  

Love the yellow/black pairing, it's so chic and I would wear it to a wedding for sure !

Fashion and Cookies
Facebook / G+ / Bloglovin

Carly Blogs Here June 29, 2014 at 8:43 PM  

Love the teal and gold together- such a gorgeous combo for summertime!

Erin Elizabeth July 1, 2014 at 11:13 AM  

Love your suggestions! :) Always need ideas for wedding looks!
xo Erin
http://www.winkandatwirl.com/

New England Prep August 25, 2014 at 1:52 PM  

I love the turquoise outfit you put together!!

newengland-prep.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP