Review:: Rocksbox, FREE MONTH Subscription!

 Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Happy Monday everyone! I hope y'all had an excellent weekend. I was able to spend some time with my family and to really enjoy Cali. Now I'm back to the grind and work with a little more than a month left at my internship. 

I've been noticing how nice everyone dresses in my area of California. The most popular looks is simple but very expensive clothing items and pieces, like a silk top and some leather pants. To keep these minimalist outfits from being boring the ladies here wear a lot of nice jewelry.

I really love jewelry. My problem is that the pieces I love tend to be very expensive. Who wants to wear gold plated when you can buy 14K? Unfortunately, I can't afford my exquisite taste so I end up with either costume jewelry or holding off until the day I can have the real thing. The other problem is that I tend to buy jewelry only to realize I have nothing in my closet to wear it with. I like bold and printed clothing and the same when it comes to picking jewelry which is problematic because they don't work together. What's a girl to do?

Look at Rocksbox of course! Rocksbox is a jewelry subscription box that differs from other jewelry subscription companies. With Rocksbox you spend $19 a month and get three designer pieces of jewelry!



The Rocksbox comes in a super cute little white box with pink ribbon.



So the way Rocksbox works is simple. Every month a designer chooses three pieces of jewelry for you that retail wayy over the $19 cost. At the end of the month you can buy the jewelry items at a discounted Member Price or send it back and get another three the month after!



The first of my three pieces was a pair of Neon and Navy Enamel Earrings from the brand Isharya. This was the most expensive of the jewelry items I received, retailing at $128. Although I like these earrings I had no use for them this month. They are quite long and a bit heavy for my taste. Although I find them beautiful they were too formal for work and I didnt have any formal occasions this month. 




The next piece I got was a House of Harlow 1960 Aztec Bangle in Black. This retails for $48 and you can buy it through Rocksbox for $38.40. I mentioned to the stylist that I had a bit larger than average sized wrists before receiving my box. This bangle was huge! You can see how low it goes on my arm! I like this bangle and could tell it was well made. The aztec pattern reminds me of arrows which I liked because of my sorority Pi Phi. This bangle goes with a lot and I'll be sad to see it go. 



The last piece is actually my favorite. This taner bar large necklace from Gorjana is simple and beautiful. Its a delicate gold bar that retails for $70. I'm seriously considering buying it for the members price at $56. when I took it out of the box I thought it was a shorter necklace but this is actually very low sitting at right below my chest. It looks expensive and is good for everyday and formal occasions.

Overall I was very satisfied with my first Rocksbox. The pieces all felt and looked expensive and at $19 a month I was excited to borrow such exquisite jewelry!

Have you tried Rocksbox before? You can use this link to get your first box free! What are you waiting for!

14 comments:

CDS July 22, 2014 at 7:17 PM  

That's really cool! I have such a shopping problem with jewelry! XOXO

Abby July 22, 2014 at 8:25 PM  

I love the idea of this subscription and the pieces you received are all really beautiful!

xo Always, Abby

Madeline July 23, 2014 at 3:59 AM  

I've never heard of this box before, but it looks lovely. You got some really nice pieces in there :)

Alex July 23, 2014 at 4:11 PM  

This is such an awesome idea, it's a great way to expand your jewelry wardrobe without spending a fortune. I had never heard of this before but I would totally invest in something like Rocksbox.
-Alex
www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

365HANGERS July 25, 2014 at 5:51 PM  

Love the cuff bracelet. Looks like an awesome subscription box!

xx 365hangers

Lucy July 26, 2014 at 3:51 PM  

Love the bangle! Lucy www.tpinkcarpet.com

herheadintheclouds July 28, 2014 at 2:59 PM  

That's a great concept, thank you for sharing!
Love, Rachel
www.herheadintheclouds.com

Just Miss C July 28, 2014 at 3:51 PM  

This looks like a cool subscription box. It kind of reminds me of Rent the Runway only in a subscription box format. I had never heard of this box before. I would probably get this if I was having a special occasion and needed some fancy jewelry to borrow.

Girl and the Polka Dot July 28, 2014 at 9:05 PM  

Love the bracelet!
-Mel

http://girlandthepolkadot.blogspot.com/

Cynthia Hoyt July 31, 2014 at 12:39 PM  

Oh My Gosh, who doesn't love designer jewelry! Those earrings are so adorable! I'd totally spend 19$ for jewelry every month even if I have to send it back! Genius!

Thanks for the info! Definitely will be buying!

Cynthia
www.sensiblysharp.com

zunaira mehar August 31, 2014 at 1:20 PM  

I just stop by to let you know I love your page and I had a good time reading it. I’m glad that my friend emailed me the link to this blog. I just bookmarked this blog and I hope your next one is going to be about the same topic again I’m looking for ward to it. One thing I want to add is I like your writting style.
Cardsharing Server

peach September 9, 2014 at 9:22 AM  

simply amazing. <3 Enjoying reading your posts, waiting for the next post;) xx Peach

http://momomoworld.blogspot.com

Holistic Harvest November 4, 2014 at 12:25 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holistic Harvest January 4, 2015 at 7:03 PM  

FREE $25 gift card when you sign up! Use this link http://curebit.com/x/1dBNr2

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP